UNITED 2nd webinar - get to know about ocean multi-use demonstration pilots!
Depending on the site, different combinations of activities are being deployed and tested:
- German pilot – Blue mussels, seaweed and offshore wind energy
- Dutch pilot – offshore seaweed and floating solar energy
- Belgian pilot – offshore wind and flat oyster aquaculture & seaweed cultivation
- Danish pilot – offshore wind and tourism
- Greek pilot – aquaculture and tourism
The technologies researched and implemented by UNITED are being tested near-shore before their implementation offshore – thus including research of both more subdued conditions near-shore as well as more critical conditions offshore. The aim is to bring offshore technology in the five pilots across three Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) – from validation and demonstration in relevant environment (TRL5 and TRL6) to system prototype demonstration in operational environment (TRL7) – showcasing operations of multi-use and co-location for 1-2 years.
Taking a multi-disciplinary approach the UNITED webinar will discuss several aspects of multi-use and co-location, including:
- At what stage is the multi-use implementation in 5 UNITED pilots?
- What challenges were encountered on the way and are there any lessons learned for future such endeavours?
- What are the key next steps in the coming period?
- How can interested stakeholders engage with the pilot and obtain regular updates on the development progress?